News and Events
- Board of Directors Packet from Thursday, 8.28.14 meeting. Hope to see you there! Please remember to download the 2014 Plan Update as well (Listed below).
- New Mobile HCW Event planned! See you in Lake Forest on September 27 from 8 am to 2:30 pm - Here's the flyer.
- SWALCO, with the input from a Citizens Advisory Committee, has prepared a draft of the 2014 Solid Waste Management Plan Update. A public meeting will be held at 7 p.m., August 28, 2014 at the Hainesville Village Hall located at 100 Hainesville Road at which time a presentation of the Plan Update will be provided and the public will have an opportunity to ask questions and make comments regarding the Plan Update.
- SWALCO announces a new program to assist businesses with their recycling efforts! Please visit our new Business Concierge page for more information.
- SWALCO announces new community-wide clothing and textile recycling program!
- SWALCO has the following Household Chemical Waste collection events scheduled for September:
The Solid Waste Agency of Lake County, IL (SWALCO) was formed in 1991 to implement the Lake County Solid Waste Management Plan, and is comprised of 42 municipal members and Lake County. The Agency and its five staff members are dedicated to implementing programs that increase reuse, recycling and composting and reduce Lake County's reliance on final disposal in landfills. SWALCO's mission includes:
Read more about SWALCO or read our FAQ.
You can also sign up for our Newsletter!