Mission Statement and Goals
In Fall 1996, the SWALCO Board of Directors adopted a mission statement to succinctly codify the mission of the Agency as it carries out programs, policies and activities. This statement reads:
The purpose of the Solid Waste Agency of Lake County, Illinois is to implement a regional approach to solid waste management which addresses the economic, political and environmental issues in Lake County as follows:
- Implement the Lake County Solid Waste Management Plan.
- Facilitate an efficient, reliable and environmentally sound waste disposal system.
- Advise and assist SWALCO members regarding solid waste management issues.
- Educate the public regarding implications of solid waste management options.
- Identify, evaluate and disseminate information regarding techniques to reduce, reuse and recycle the amount of solid waste generated.