Grayslake - Neighborhood Programs
Grayslake - is this your Village?
If so, let's explore the local waste & recycling programs in your neighborhood. If not, to return to the Neighborhood Programs main menu.
The Village of Grayslake is participating as a pilot community in the Lake County Community Compost and Food Waste Reduction Grant, awarded to SWALCO by the USDA. For more information about this grant project visit the USDA Grant page.
Click Here for Additional Information
SWALCO hosts a variety of programs in your community
585 Berry Avenue
Grayslake, IL. 60030
M-F 8 am to 3 pm & Saturday 8 am to 12 pm
Closed on Holidays.
SWALCO also hosts three other FREE Residential Electronics Collection Drop Off locations in Lake County.
Click here for more information about this program and the locations.
Other programs in or around your community
The Drug Take Back Act is active and the pharmaceutical industry will be responsible for financing the collection and destruction of drugs under the Act. They have a 501 (c) (3) called Med Project or another called Inmar that will be working with local law enforcement to continue the collection programs already in place.
Click here for more information and to find a local disposal site.
Option 1: Year-Round Public Drop Off (Appointments are Required - CLICK HERE TO MAKE ONE)
The year-round program offers collections twice a month (except December). These events are held at SWALCO's Gurnee facility.
Option 2: Mobile Collection Events (Appointments are Required - CLICK HERE TO MAKE ONE)
Mobile collection events take place April - October at various locations throughout Lake County. Please check our website frequently for event updates. You can also Like Us on Facebook, check us out on Twitter, and Linkedin. Plus you can sign up for the occasional newsletter. MOBILE EVENTS for 2024 are tentatively in the works, please check back soon.
Option 3: Other Illinois Permanent HCW Facilities
Click here for more information about this program.
- Can I get my gasoline container back?
- How do I establish service, add or replace a collection container or inquire about billing matters?
- Where do I dispose of alkaline batteries?
- Who is my garbage collection vendor?
- How do I properly dispose of pharmaceuticals, prescriptions, medications, and supplements?
- How can I find out about future recycling events?
- Why can't I drop off my HCW at any time?
- What goes in my curbside bin?
- What can I put in SWALCO's Clothing & Textile bins?
- Dehumidifiers. Where can I recycle these?