Wauconda - Neighborhood Programs
Special Note: If a holiday falls on OR before your regularly scheduled pickup day, services will be delayed one day for the remainder of the holiday week unless otherwise noted directly by your waste hauler.
This is the current observed holiday schedule:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
SWALCO hosts a variety of programs in your community!
101 N. Main Street
801 N. Main Street
302 Slocum Lake Road
Prairieland Disposal & Recycling
1350 N. Old Rand Road
Click here for other Wauconda locations.
for more information about this program.
Other programs in or around your community
Option 1: Year-Round Public Drop Off (Appointments are Required - CLICK HERE TO MAKE ONE)
The year-round program offers collections twice a month (except December). These events are held at SWALCO's Gurnee facility, located at 1311 North Estes Street. Please use Route 41 to Delany Road (North) to Grove (East) to Estes.
Option 2: Mobile Collection Events (First Come, First Served)
Mobile collection events take place April - November at various locations throughout Lake County. Please check our website frequently for event updates. You can also Like Us on Facebook, check us out on Twitter, Linkedin and Tumblr. Plus you can sign up for the occasional newsletter. MOBILE EVENTS for 2023 are tentatively in the works, please check back soon.
Option 3: Other Illinois Permanent HCW Facilities
Click here for more information about this program.
- What do I do with latex paint?
- Can I get my gasoline container back?
- How do I properly dispose of sharps/needles?
- How do I establish service, add or replace a collection container or inquire about billing matters?
- Where do I dispose of alkaline batteries?
- Who is my garbage collection vendor?
- How do I properly dispose of pharmaceuticals, prescriptions, medications, and supplements?
- How can I find out about future recycling events?
- Why can't I drop off my HCW at any time?
- What goes in my curbside bin?