Lake Zurich - Neighborhood Programs
The Village of Lake Zurich in partnership with SWALCO is participating in a community education and outreach initiative to further promote and inform residents of Lake Zurich to the benefits of diverting food waste to compost rather than disposal in a landfill. To learn more visit the Village Curbside Composting and Leaf Collection web page.
- Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS)
- (847) 381-9300
Special Note: If a holiday falls on OR before your regularly scheduled pick up day, services will be delayed one day for the remainder of the holiday week unless otherwise notified directly by your waste hauler.
This is the current holiday schedule:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
SWALCO hosts a variety of programs in your community
Other programs in or around your community
Option 1: Year-Round Public Drop Off (Appointments are Required - CLICK HERE TO MAKE ONE)
The year-round program offers collections twice a month (except December). These events are held at SWALCO's Gurnee facility, located at 1311 North Estes Street. Please use Route 41 to Delany Road (North) to Grove (East) to Estes.
Option 2: Mobile Collection Events (First Come, First Served)
Mobile collection events take place April - November at various locations throughout Lake County. Please check our website frequently for event updates. You can also Like Us on Facebook, check us out on Twitter, Linkedin and Tumblr. Plus you can sign up for the occasional newsletter. MOBILE EVENTS for 2023 are tentatively in the works, please check back soon.
Option 3: Other Illinois Permanent HCW Facilities
Click here for more information about this program.
- What do I do with latex paint?
- Can I get my gasoline container back?
- How do I properly dispose of sharps/needles?
- How do I establish service, add or replace a collection container or inquire about billing matters?
- Where do I dispose of alkaline batteries?
- Who is my garbage collection vendor?
- How do I properly dispose of pharmaceuticals, prescriptions, medications, and supplements?
- How can I find out about future recycling events?
- Why can't I drop off my HCW at any time?
- What goes in my curbside bin?